Francophiles Sans Frontières
Francophiles Sans Frontières (FSF) a 501(C)3 Florida not-for-profit cultural organization,
with the support of many local French Associations and Businesses located in the Tri-County area, is organizing a Fundraising Telethon to assist the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The 10-hour event is scheduled to take place on Sunday October 2, 2005 with live entertainment.
Description of the Event:
Location: Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center
1301 S. Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach, FL 33019
Date: Sunday October 2, 2005
Time: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Doors open at 10:00)
Description: Fundraising Event. The proceeds of the Telethon will be donated to the
American Red Cross and to Habitat for Humanity for the project House In A Box
1. Haitian Television Network: HTN (www.htnsat.com) will film the event and rebroadcast it.
2. Radio Planet 17, 980 AM, 1320 AM will cover the event
3. Local magazines and newspapers will cover the event
4. The event will be promoted in Canada via Radio and Television
5. Full coverage by on-line magazine Planète Québec (daily readership of 85,000 people in Florida).
6. The telethon will be hosted in French, English and Creole.
7. Live entertainment: Internationally acclaimed and local singers including Ginou Oriol, Tabou Combo, Normand Meilleur, Micheline Lanctôt, Danny Flanders to name a few, will perform songs reminding us of our French Heritage as well as giving a Louisiana Cajun style to the event.
8. Sing me a song you’re the piano man yes but it will not be free! Our Piano Man will ask for donation this time to perform special requests!
9. Guest Speakers: History Professors will be invited to speak about culture, history and the French heritage of Louisiana.
10. Mr. Jason Crush, Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity (Broward) has been invited to speak about the Project House in a Box.
11. Live testimonials from survivors.
12. During the weeks preceding the Telethon, local businesses, associations and organizations are holding Fundraising Activities for the Telethon. The people in charge of each activity will be invited to the event to talk about their Fundraising Activity and remit the proceeds to our Telethon.
13. Every business offering a $500.00 pledge and every individual offering a $100.00 pledge or more will have its name mentioned during the telethon.
14. Catering: Local restaurants, bakeries, etc. will donate food that we will sell to the public during the event. All the proceeds to be donated to the Telethon.
15. Prizes offered by local businesses will be raffled during the event. All the proceeds to be donated to the Telethon.
16. During the Telethon people will be invited to offer their pledge by telephone. They will also be invited to donate non-perishable items to pre-selected distribution centers.
17. Many sub-committees have been formed to insure the success of the event:
a. Communication and ITS
d. Public Relations
e. Hosting Committee
g. Distribution Centers
h. Fundraising Activities preceding the Telethon
FSF kindly asks for your assistance and your support by organizing a fundraising activity, volunteering during the event or by offering a contribution.
Please contact Cristina if more information is needed:
E-mail: [email protected]
YES I want to help the victims of hurricane Katrina, please accept my pledge of:
$5.00 ____ $10.00 ____
$25.00 ____ $50.00 ____
$75.00 ____ $100.00 ____
$500.00 ____ Other ____
Every individual making a personal pledge of $100.00 or more, and every business making a pledge of $500.00 or more will have it’s name mentioned during the telethon unless otherwise specified. Make check payable to Francophiles Sans Frontières, 2550 Adams Street, Hollywood, FL 33020: On your check’s memo area write Telethon.
YES I want to help the victims of hurricane Katrina by organizing a fundraising event. I will be invited during the telethon to speak about the activity I organized and present a check representing the proceeds to FSF Telethon Host. _____
YES I want to help the victims of hurricane Katrina by volunteering during the telethon.
I am interested in:
a. Taking phone calls: ____
b. Hosting : _____
c. Making a presentation: ____
d. Selling food: ____
e. Selling raffle tickets: ____
f. Performing: _____
g. Doing any chore that needs to be done: _____
h. I will be available from: _____ to _____
First name: ______________________ Last name: ______________________
Tel. (Home):_________________ Tel. (Cell): ____________________
Francophiles Sans Frontières on behalf of the victims, wish to say
Thank You for your support and generosity!